our focus points
Being God's missionaries involves reaching out to people both near and far away. God has called us to use our resources to bring others to Him no matter who or where they are. In our devotion to nurturing God's kingdom, we've listed a few of our focus points for missions. Please consider joining our endeavors.
Internationals in Our Community - Jesus came to set us free, and once we have experienced His freedom, we must help others find it as well. People all over the world experience crushing oppression, controlling limitations, and heartbreaking destruction, and through the University of Florida, many of these individuals flow into our local area. At The Family Church, we refuse to let these lives become marginalized. Our church hosts a number international students and professors whose home countries restrict religious freedoms, and we seek out opportunities to tell them about the ultimate source of freedom.
Children at Risk/Vulnerable Children – One of the most effective methods for helping people discover family in Christ is caring for vulnerable kids. Both next door and across the globe, kids live in desperate situations with unimaginable hardships. Our support helps meet the needs of children, foster families, and adoptive families.
University Campus Ministries – College students are the most unreached generation in American history, but we've committed to caring for them. Our efforts include outreach to specific affinity groups like International Friendship, Athletes in Action, CRU, and Navigators.
Our partnership with nearby, specialized ministries helps us reach and serve our community in a meaningful and sustainable way. Our local partners include:
- Bread of the Mighty Food Bank – an organization alleviating hunger in North Central Florida
- House of Hope – an organization providing prison transition ministry in Alachua County
- SIRA (formerly Women’s Resource & Medical Clinic) – an organization offering crisis pregnancy resources
- Foster Florida - a group of families supporting, fostering, and meeting the needs of children without stable home environments
- Thrive - a group focused on empowering parents who want to provide a permanent home for children in adoption communities
missionary & ministry partnerships
By supporting our domestic and international missionary partners who connect with different affinity groups, The Family Church Missions is extending our impact for Christ from the University of Florida to the ends of the earth.
- Chris & Dora Barbee – The Mission Society, Thailand
- Kingspride & Priscilla Hammond – Alabaster Project Ministries, Ghana
- Hope for Today – India
- I.N.I.M. – India
- Bob & Noby Kennell – New Tribes Mission, Thailand
- Mike & Laura Lothers – Wycliffe Bible Translators, South Carolina
- Mission Possible – Haiti
- Jeff & Kem Moody – Frontier Ventures, Gainesville, FL
- Ben & Melissa Nugent – The Navigators
- Paul & Dori Pittman – United World Mission, Cuba
- Kevin & Stephanie Sides – Cru, Athletes in Action, serving at UF
- Toby Sorrels – International Friendship, serving at UF
- Don & JoAnn – Wycliffe Associates, Gainesville, FL (restricted access countries)
- David & Sarah vanOrman – Planters Seed Foundation, Albania
- Allen & Olesya Williams – Cru, serving at UF
- Travis & Lauren Young – Cru, Ireland